Thursday, 18 April 2019

THIRD REFLECTION


I have learned that integrating ICT into teaching and learning solely depend upon the teacher's creativity and the way the teacher uses technologies to teach children to make them understand better. After attending the FIT class, I came to know that ICT plays a vital role in teaching and learning. Through the use of ICT in the classroom, unlike in the past, there won’t be monotonous teaching and learning rather it will boost up the active participation from the students and also helps in promoting the needs and the skills required in the 21st century.

When I was in school there was no such facility. So, we had a hard time both teachers and learners in terms of teaching and learning. Every time we rely on the teacher because there are the main sources of the information and we always have to depend on our teachers for all kinds of information. To my surveillance one of the key features of the universities in Bhutan is the mode of assignments; everything has to be done using technologies and the internet. From the very beginning itself, we are undertaken with a course called, ‘FIT' where the tutors familiarized us with the basic use of electronic devices (laptop, computers), which plays a vital role while doing our assignments. 

In the first semester, our class was divided into small groups and we were assigned a work where we had to prepare a brochure each. We were asked to design a brochure in soft copy which would activist health tips. Having gone through the FIT classes I and my group members had a little knowledge about the usage of laptops and computers. We asked ourselves, what we already know about brochures. We also made sure to consider anticipated audiences and possible purposes. Then, we decide to make a brochure each and choose the best one at the end.

One fine evening I walked towards the computer lab to get started with my work. I started the window and the first thing I did was that I browsed some of the samples from the search engines.
I opened a Microsoft word, and then I inserted some pictures related to my topic. After that, I wrote down some of the key points or appealing statements under the pictures. So, after editing several times, I could finally come up with a brochure which was acceptable to my group members. One fine day we gathered along with our brochures which were printed out.

This assignment has encouraged me to make connections between audience/ purpose and characteristics to reinforce the concepts. It was a great opportunity for us to explore and learn new thing in our life. I really enjoyed and it was a very fruitful experience besides having some challenges while doing the assignment. It was from that assignment where I came to know how the assignments could be manipulated in order to make it a better one. All in one, I just realized that the usage of computers and having computer knowledge really adds value to our work. At that time if we were asked to prepare a handmade brochure, then we would have had a tough time drawing, painting, writing and so on. Fortunately, we were asked to prepare it using a computer which really eased our work and gave us an opportunity to explore and experiment more on the usage of computers. There are lots of benefits while using technologies in our daily lives.


Thank you!!!

5 comments:

  1. good reflection. just try to add few images and video if possible

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really encourage to use ICT in learning and teaching after going through your reflection, which was very beautifully interpreted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the way you share you experience i your post. is is new learning for me too. i enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reflected well with beautiful arrangements of the information. Good one. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well reflected! yeah, through ICT we can enhance teaching and learning in the class so hope you will integrate ICT in your future

    ReplyDelete