Tuesday, 7 May 2019

FIFTH REFLECTON




I got to believe that the usage of ICT has its own advantageous and disadvantages. Well-known phrases like a cliché, many affirm that coin has two sides. If the coin has two sides, why ICT won’t have the two sides? And I often heard people talking “if there is advantages in something, there has to be some disadvantages”. After joining this college, I was introduced to the world of ICT, observed and experienced immense things regarding the ICT. So, today I want to reflect upon it? Though the normal routine on reflecting and writing on the luggage of learning of ICT during my life of college, today I take a time to reflect on the advantages and disadvantages of ICT that I have experienced since first semester of my college and till the moment.

I am intensely blessed that the college opened my eyes for the ICT world and I could learn and acquire infinite and immeasurable skills that I could competently use it to sustain in the world of technology. But I think I have become too much dependent on ICT. If we don’t know how to use, it is wastage of time, misusage of time. In distinction to the amendment ICT brought in me, a room of negative feelings over the too dependence on ICT. Recurrently, I find myself being over powered by the influence of ICT. Rather than using my mental cognition to answer to the questions or to solve any problems, I find myself only depending on the internet to be my source of answer. Critical thinking, analyzing power, the skills of high order thinking has corrupted over the years.

I agree that ICT makes our life easy and comfortably. We could get the information from anywhere but it also destroys the life of most of the people. I found many of my friends being taken towards the negative direction by the ICT. They meet online friends, spent hours and hours for the social media, letting the precious time travel to the valley of feebleness.


The mobile phones are another dependable tool that kills the concentration of learners in the class. Even in the presence of teacher in the class, few of my friends make the teacher as the invisible. Their eyes would be only with the phone and actually aren’t truly paying the concentration. Thus, it becomes another reason of resulting incompetent and incapable teacher. I feel we need to learn immensely on the usage of ICT appropriately. With right, responsibilities have to be taken account. So, I want say that in the wrong hands, this thing could be dangerous.


5 comments:

  1. well written my friend. you have nicely reflected about the ICT. it is good that you have analysed both advantages and disadvantages. you made me ton realize some of the things that i need to think about while using technologies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well reflected, now with this try to make your student learning easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have explain well how the ICT is useful and helpful in our life. You also have included advantages and disadvantages of it and from this for me i got clear idea to use ICT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very informative reflection with systematic arrangements of information with relevant pictures to comprehend the information. Well written. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's glad to see that your knowledge of ICT has been increased once you join this college. Even I learnt a lot from this college..any away well reflected! keep it up author..

    ReplyDelete